Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Health
• According to the FDA, eating about 2 tablespoons (23 grams) of olive oil daily may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease due to the monounsaturated fat in olive oil. To achieve this posible benefit, olive oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day.
• Olive oil could help prevent cardiovascular disease and assists in the regulation of cholesterol levels due to its high monounsaturated fat content. It has been shown to reduce LDL («bad» cholesterol) levels.
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains vitamin D, so it could protect your bones by stimulating absorption of calcium, helping to regulate the levels of calcium and phosphorus in the blood. Vitamin A in olive oil could contribute to the maintenance of soft and bony tissue.
• Olive Oil has antioxidant properties thanks to its contribution of vitamin E and polyphenols.
• EVOO is one of nature’s best beauty secrets due to its anti-aging properties that protect and soothe the skin.
CURIOSITIES ABOUT OLIVE OIL
Did you know? The color of olive oil is not related to quality. Depending on variables like the olive variety, where it's grown, climate and harvest timing your olive oil can range from pale yellow to dark green.
Did you know? There are different varieties of olive oils each with unique characteristics to match them with different dishes. Check the back of the bottles of our Heritage Line to learn what dishes pair best with each oil.
Did you know? Because oil flows from the olives naturally when they are crushed soley by mechanical means, the vitamins and natural ingredients are not destroyed with chemicals and preservatives.
Did you know? Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the basis of the Mediterranean Diet, one of the longest running and most healthy diets in the world.
Did you know? Spain is the 3rd country in life expectancy in the world according to the World Health Organization.
Did you know? The best way to store olive oil is out of light in a cool and dark place with the cap tightly secured.